Hello there, thanks for reading my proposal.
My name is cactus1549, I’m twenty and I’m currently studying Computer engineering at the university. I like coding (for now I’ve only put my hands on c++ and python), planes (as you can tell from the name) and tech stuff in general, including crypto.
I joined the DPoS community more than one year ago with a few ark fork projects. During this time, I have run several delegates and I have gained enough experience to understand how to do it properly. Last few months, I started following ark slack and so I decided to start my own delegate. I’m currently running two delegates at Qredit as cactus1549 and pop with an overall good productivity and an Ark devnet node that I’m planning to keep it up even after fun/Alessio bounty finishes.
My current project
I’m currently working on a Telegram bot that gives you information about your delegate and/or the wallets you use to vote.
Here some of the most important functions:
- Get in a click of a button all the information you need like wallet balance, transactions or rednodes without having to open explorer or desktop wallet.
- Receive a notification on important events like transactions on your wallet, delegate missing blocks or delegates position/votes changes so that you can always be aware of what is going on.
- Voters can be notified if something goes wrong with the pool they are voting for if it misses blocks or gets out of forging position.
You can already test these features on the Qredit version clicking here
I’m planning to introduce other features:
- Possibility to monitor multiple wallets and/or delegates (only 1 delegate and 1 voter wallet now)
- More information on the delegate's position/votes change notifications (The transaction that has caused that change)
- Automatically calculate the share percentage of the delegates
- Possibility for the voter to get notified if a delegate is sharing less than expected or not sharing at all
- Possibility to get the Qredit (or any other bridgechain) address of a person given his ark address and vice versa (this option can be turned off)
- Also, if there is interest and if it is possible since the community is more concentrated in Slack, create a similar bot that works for Slack too!
- Other will be added in the future
- Delegate name: cactus1549
- Sharing: 80% every 3 days (635 blocks)
- Using TBW to prevent pool hopping
- NO MIN ARK required, NO max cap, perfect for small voters
- 20% will be used to cover mainnet servers, devnet server and bot developing and server costs
My current Network Setup
- 4 cores
- 8 GB of RAM
- 160 GB SSD DISK
- 3 cores
- 4 GB of RAM
- 40 GB SSD DISK
- 1 core
- 1 GB of RAM
- 20 GB SSD DISK
*Network setup will be upgraded with more relay nodes in the future
You can contact me on Telegram (@cactus_1549), discord (cactus1549), slack (cactus1549) or send me an email at [email protected]